Visiting Sao Paulo
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Sao Paulo, which is also known for its art and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, architecture and live music. Top sights in the city include Municipal Theatre of São Paulo, Pinacoteca do Estado Museum and Sala Sao Paulo Concert Hall.
- There are 808 hotels and other accommodation options in Sao Paulo
- The closest major airport is in Sao Paulo (CGH-Congonhas - Sao Paulo Intl.), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sao Paulo (GRU-Guarulhos - Governor Andre Franco Montoro Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) away
Getting around Sao Paulo
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Sao Paulo is simple. You can take advantage of metro transport at Anhangabau Station, Sao Bento Station and Se Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sao Paulo Luz Station, Sao Paulo Julio Prestes Station or Sao Paulo Bras Station.
Dressing for Sao Paulo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 14°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the night-time average
- About 53 millimetres of rain falls on Sao Paulo each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C