Families will find kid-friendly activities in Crawley, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Sheffield Park Garden, Chartwell and Chessington World of Adventures.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Crawley
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 27 mi (43.5 km) away
Getting around Crawley
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Crawley Station, Crawley Three Bridges Station or Crawley Ifield Station. Crawley may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Crawley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Crawley gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C