Due to COVID-19, traveling today comes with a few more challenges than usual. Read through these worthwhile tips before jumping on your plane to Myanmar:
- Research the restrictions and rules in both your origin and destination. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so make sure you check in advance.
- When you go through airport screening, keep your face mask on. You will be required to briefly lower it for ID purposes. Those who refuse to wear a face mask may be fined and denied entry.
- Avoid handing your boarding pass (electronic or paper) directly to a TSA employee. Rather, you should place the pass on the reader and then hold it up so the agent can inspect it.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now allowed in your carry-on luggage. It must be no larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll need to remove it from your bag for X-ray screening.
- Put any personal items (e.g, keys, phone and coins) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during screening.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for X-ray screening. Placing it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA agent to handle and inspect your belongings.