If it’s your first time traveling during COVID-19, you’ll notice a range of new restrictions and standards in place. Take note of these tips and make your trip to Queensland a smooth one:
- Before booking anything, check if any travel restrictions apply — in both your origin and destination. Stay informed with the latest updates by checking government travel advisories.
- Wear a face mask even during airport screening. A TSA employee will require you to lower your mask temporarily to verify your identity.
- To reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the scanner yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your pass directly to a TSA employee.
- TSA now allows passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on luggage. This will need to be removed from your bag at the X-ray machine for scanning.
- To reduce handling during the screening process, place items such as your phone and loose change into your carry-on rather than the bins.
- Transport any food items in a clear plastic bag and also put them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA officer will need to touch and open your bag for inspection.