Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Brisbane, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include The Gabba, Queen Street Mall and Roma Street Parkland.
- There are 586 hotels and other accommodation options in Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta), 54.9 mi (88.4 km) away
Getting around Brisbane
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Brisbane is simple. Head over to Grandchester Station for metro transport. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Brisbane Murarrie Station, Brisbane Cannon Hill Station or Brisbane Hemmant Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Brisbane
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 1130 millimetres of rain falls on Brisbane each year
- December and February are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C