COVID-19 has resulted in substantial changes to the way we travel. If you’re planning a trip to Spain, these tips will help you navigate travel’s newest challenges:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before locking in your flight. Also check if there are any requirements you’ll have to follow on arrival, such as taking a COVID-19 test.
- You’re required to wear a face mask throughout your travel experience, even at screening checkpoints. You should be prepared to lower your mask for ID verification when asked by a TSA employee.
- To reduce the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA employee.
- You’re permitted to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your hand luggage. This will need to be removed for screening.
- Empty everything from your pockets, such as your phone and wallet, and put them in your carry-on rather than the bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- Separate any food you have for X-ray scanning. Food items often set off the alarm. Placing them in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA officer to touch and inspect your belongings.