Visitors to Ito are sure to enjoy the rivers. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, parks and monuments. Top sights in the city include Izu Glass and Glasswork Museum and Izu Oceanic Park.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodation options in Ito
- The closest major airport is in Oshima (OIM), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 55.9 mi (90 km) away
Getting around Ito
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Ito Station or Ito Izukogen Station. Ito may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ito
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Ito is 1155 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C