Visiting San Diego
History buffs will enjoy exploring San Diego, and visitors give high marks for the popular zoo, seaside and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its theatres, art and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld.
- There are 1489 hotels and other accommodation options in San Diego
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) away
Getting around San Diego
With so many transport options, exploring all of San Diego is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Civic Center Station, 5th Avenue Station and Convention Center Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from San Diego Santa Fe Depot, San Diego-Old Town Transit Center or San Diego Coaster Sorrento Valley Station. You can explore your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for San Diego
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the nighttime average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for San Diego is 250 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 9°C