History buffs will enjoy exploring Ashford, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and spas. Top sights around the area include Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral and St. Martin's Church.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodation options in Ashford
- The closest major airport is in Manston (MSE-Kent Intl.), 25 mi (40.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (SEN-Southend), 29.8 mi (48 km) away
Getting around Ashford
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Ashford International Station, Ashford Wye Station or Ashford Charing Station. Ashford might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ashford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Ashford each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C