History buffs will enjoy exploring Inverness, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, riverfront and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes.
- There are 237 hotels and other accommodation options in Inverness
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Inverness
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Inverness Station. Inverness might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Inverness
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Inverness gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C