We stayed for 3 nights.
- Very cheap at $60/night in London
- Walking distance to the Jubilee line (4 minute walk)
- Nice pub across the street for food/drinks
- Dorm Style rooms, with a small kitchen with a refrigerator and stovetop, a half-bath room (toilet and sink), and shower room (standing shower, and sink), and 2 bedrooms with plenty of storage and individual full sized beds.
- No AC and we were dying in those rooms from the heat of the day.
- Windows don't fully open, so we couldn't air them out
- Beds were threadbare, we could feel the springs of the mattress.
- Nothing much to do in the area, we had to walk a ways, taxi or take the tube every single time we went out
- Checking in took forever since there was a small staff, and our rooms weren't clean for check in till almost 5pm.
If they were to add air conditioner, or at least AC towers or fans, and upgrade the mattress, this hotel would improve so much that the rest of the issues would be fine. At this point though, i would suggest staying somewhere else.
If it's your first time in London and you want to do the tourist spots, I would suggest staying in Westminster/Pimlico areas, as nearby you'll find the Abbey, the Palace, Parliament, Big Ben, and plenty of tube lines to take you everywhere else you'd like to go. They are more expensive areas for sure, but you'll save time and money staying near those areas instead of paying for taxis or walking miles and miles to get anywhere.