Travellers to Medellin give high marks for the lively bar scene, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes, entertainment and tours. Top sights in the city include Atanasio Giradot Stadium, Park of Lights and Palacio de la Cultura.
- There are 551 hotels and other accommodation options in Medellin
- The closest major airport is in Medellin (MDE-Jose Maria Cordova Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Medellin
You can take advantage of metro transport at Industriales Station, Estadio Station and Exposiciones Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Medellin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 15°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the night-time average
- About 115 millimetres of rain falls on Medellin each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C