Visiting New Rochelle
Visitors to New Rochelle are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Bronx Zoo, Floating Pool and Bloomingdale's.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of White Plains
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) away
Getting around New Rochelle
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at New Rochelle Station. New Rochelle might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for New Rochelle
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for New Rochelle is 1137 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C