Let me start by stating that the staff and location are good. I truly hate leaving negative reviews as I know they tried their best and many issues were out of their hands. Here were some really tough issues to overcome:
1. Staff is lovely and try hard
2. Dinner is included and they go out of the way to assist.
3. They offered an “upgrade” to a sister property but we had just gotten back from Machu Picchu.
1. Rooms are super small
2. There’s no climate control. It was warm out but they will send a fan if you ask. No AC, only heat.
3. Breakfast is definitely not traditionally American. They had large groups of Chinese tourists and seem to be geared towards that demographic.
4. There was a lot of construction and noise from 8AM to 5PM at the hotel. They used jackhammers and lots of loud tools.
5. There were two rooms and we were 1 person per room so we requested a king bed. One of our rooms were twin beds, but that’s ok.
All in all, I really wanted to enjoy this property and seemed to have all the ingredients of a potentially good property but they really fell short. I wouldn’t recommend this property unless you are a Chinese tourist.
El MaPi Hotel by Inkaterra
A verified traveller from Miami stayed at El MaPi Hotel by Inkaterra
Posted 1 year ago