Travellers to Reston give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial and White House are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Reston
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away
Getting around Reston
Head to Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Reston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1057 millimetres of rain falls on Reston each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C