Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rockville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and fun sporting events. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its university. Top sights around the area include White House, Lincoln Memorial and Ford's Theater.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Bethesda
- The closest major airport is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Getting around Rockville
With so many transport options, seeing Rockville is simple. Head to Rockville Station to catch the metro. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Rockville Station.
Dressing for Rockville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rockville is 1024 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -2°C