Visiting Silver Spring
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Silver Spring, and visitors give high marks for the theatre, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, festivals and entertainment. Top sights around the area include White House, Ford's Theater and Washington Monument.
- You'll find 137 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of College Park
- The closest major airport is in College Park, MD (CGS), 5.7 mi (9.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) away
Getting around Silver Spring
Local metro stations include Silver Spring Station and Forest Glen Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Silver Spring
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of -3°C
- Silver Spring gets about 1112 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -2°C