History buffs will enjoy exploring Arlington, and visitors give high marks for the important monuments, fascinating museums and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and tours. Top sights in the city include Arlington National Cemetery, Iwo Jima Memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- There are 116 hotels and other accommodation options in Arlington
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 9.9 mi (16 km) away
Getting around Arlington
Nearby metro stations include Rosslyn Station, Courthouse Station and Arlington Cemetery Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Arlington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Arlington is 1008 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C