Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tampines, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Chinatown Heritage Center, National Orchid Garden and Universal Studios Singapore®.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Tampines
- The closest major airport is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) away
Getting around Tampines
Take advantage of metro transport at Simei Station, Expo Station and Tampines Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Tampines
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the nighttime average to be 23°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- About 2426 millimetres of rain falls on Tampines each year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°C