Families will find kid-friendly activities in Greenbelt, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university. Top sights around the area include United States Capitol, Ford's Theater and White House.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of College Park
- The closest major airport is in College Park, MD (CGS), 2.8 mi (4.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) away
Getting around Greenbelt
Head over to Greenbelt Station for metro transport. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Greenbelt
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Greenbelt gets about 1112 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C