Travellers to Liverpool give high marks for the fascinating museums, bustling marina and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theatres, bars and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Liverpool ONE, Vue Cinema and Merseyside Maritime Museum.
- There are 415 hotels and other accommodation options in Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 29.8 mi (48 km) away
Getting around Liverpool
With so many choices for transport, seeing Liverpool is simple. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Moorfields Station, James Street Station or Liverpool Lime Street Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Liverpool
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Liverpool gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C