Visiting Rottnest Island
Visitors to Rottnest Island are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants and shopping. Top sights around the area include City Beach and Cottesloe Beach.
- You'll find 735 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Perth
- The closest major airport is in Perth, WA (PER), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Rottnest Island
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Rottnest Island is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Oliver Hill Station or Settlement Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Rottnest Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 18°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and nighttime averages of 13°C
- Average annual rainfall for Rottnest Island is 619 millimetres
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 12°C