Visitors can enjoy all that Dhaka has to offer including the university setting, lakeside setting and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and gardens. Top sights in the city include Jatiyo Sangshad Bhaban, Saat Masjid and Baitul Mukarram.
- There are 130 hotels and other accommodation options in Dhaka
- The closest major airport is in Dhaka (DAC-Shahjalal Intl.), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Dhaka
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Airport Railway Station. Dhaka may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Dhaka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 33°C and the nighttime average to be 15°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 27°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Dhaka gets about 44 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 16°C