Visitors can enjoy all that Elmshorn has to offer including the parks, sporting events and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Barclaycard Arena, Volksparkstadion and Hagenbeck Zoo.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Elmshorn
- The closest major airport is in Hamburg (HAM), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Luebeck (LBC), 42.5 mi (68.4 km) away
Getting around Elmshorn
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Elmshorn Station or Elmshorn Langenmoor Station. Elmshorn might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Elmshorn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 703 millimetres of rain falls on Elmshorn each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C