Budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Sakai though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, cocktail bars and waterfront. Around the area, top sights include Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, Legoland Discovery Center and Osaka Castle.
- You'll find 1157 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Osaka
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 15.9 mi (25.7 km) away
Getting around Sakai
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Sakai is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Nakamozu Station, Shinkanaoka Station and Kitahanada Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Sakai Uenoshiba Station, Sakai Tsukuno Station or Sakai Mozu Station.
Dressing for Sakai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 0°C
- Average annual rainfall for Sakai is 1577 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°C