Travellers to Santiago give high marks for the abundant cafes, fascinating museums and local tours. Urban and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its live music, shopping and festivals. Top sights in the city include San Cristobal Hill, Palacio de la Moneda and Santiago Town Square.
- There are 780 hotels and other accommodation options in Santiago
- The closest major airport is in Santiago (SCL-Arturo Merino Benitez), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the city centre
Getting around Santiago
With so many transport options, seeing Santiago is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Salvador Station, Manuel Montt Station and Baquedano Station. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Santiago Central Station.
Dressing for Santiago
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 29°C and the nighttime average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santiago is 342 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 3°C