The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we travel, but it hasn’t halted our desire to explore. Here are a few tips on how to navigate travel’s new challenges:
- Find out if any travel restrictions apply to your origin and destination before locking in your flight. Also check if there are any special conditions you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as health testing.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to temporarily lower your mask for ID purposes.
- To reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination, position your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your pass directly to a TSA officer.
- You can now take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on bag. This will need to be removed for X-ray scanning.
- Put any personal items (e.g, keys, phone and wallet) in your carry-on rather than a bin to minimize handling during the screening process.
- Separate any food you have for X-ray scanning. Putting it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA agent to touch and inspect your belongings.