Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Hakodate, which is also known for its seafood and sightseeing. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, festivals and museums.
- There are 93 hotels and other accommodation options in Hakodate
- The closest major airport is in Hakodate (HKD), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Hakodate
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Hakodate is simple. Head over to Hon-Ishikura Station for metro transport. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Hakodate Station.
Dressing for Hakodate
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- About 35 millimetres of rain falls on Hakodate each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -8°C