History buffs will enjoy exploring Istanbul, and visitors give high marks for the abundant cafes, shopping and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedrals, restaurants and architecture. Top sights in the city include Mall of Istanbul, Suleymaniye Mosque and Mixer.
- There are 2524 hotels and other accommodation options in Istanbul
- The closest major airport is in Istanbul (IST-Ataturk Intl.), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Istanbul (SAW-Sabiha Gokcen Intl.), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Getting around Istanbul
With so many transport options, seeing Istanbul is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Mescid-i Selam Station, Cebeci Station and Sultanciftligi Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Istanbul Halkali Station, Istanbul Kanarya Station or Istanbul Soguksu Station.
Dressing for Istanbul
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Istanbul is 815 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C