History buffs will enjoy exploring Ollantaytambo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Cultural and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its tours.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodation options in Ollantaytambo
- The closest major airport is in Cusco (CUZ-Alejandro Velasco Astete Intl.), 29 mi (46.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Ollantaytambo
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Ollantaytambo Station. Ollantaytambo might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ollantaytambo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the nighttime average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ollantaytambo is 712 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually October and December with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 1°C