Visitors can enjoy all that Richmond has to offer including the sporting events, waterfront and cafes. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Around the area, top sights include Alcatraz Island, Pier 39 and Lombard Street.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Concord
- The closest major airport is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Getting around Richmond
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Richmond Transit Center. Richmond might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Richmond
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 623 millimetres of rain falls on Richmond each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 6°C