Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Tangerang, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include National Monument, SeaWorld Ancol and Gelora Bung Karno Stadium.
- You'll find 1724 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Jakarta
- The closest major airport is in Jakarta (CGK-Soekarno-Hatta Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Jakarta (HLP-Halim Perdanakusuma Intl.), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Getting around Tangerang
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Tangerang Tanah Tinggi Station, Tangerang Batu Ceper Station or Tangerang Station. Tangerang may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Tangerang
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 30°C and the nighttime average to be 23°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Tangerang gets about 1810 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 23°C