Due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling today comes with a few additional challenges. Keep in mind these handy tips before hopping on your flight to Hong Kong SAR:
- Investigate the restrictions and rules in both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so be sure to check government advisories before booking.
- Requirements state you must wear a face mask throughout your travel experience, including at security checkpoints. Be prepared to adjust your mask to verify your identity when asked by a TSA officer.
- You’re no longer required to hand your boarding pass (paper or electronic) directly to a TSA employee. Instead, position the pass on the reader and then hold it up so the agent can inspect it.
- You can take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. You’ll need to remove it for screening.
- Empty your personal items from your pockets, such as your wallet, phone and small change, and place them in your carry-on instead of the bins. This will minimize handling during screening.
- Transport any food items in a clear plastic bag and also put them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on makes it less likely that a TSA employee will need to open your bag for inspection.