Kowloon Hotels from SG$53
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Mar,2020
Where to stay in Kowloon
Tsim Sha Tsui
4.5/5Wonderful!(362 area reviews)
This waterfront bazaar with an international feel is packed with interesting shops, great restaurants and fascinating museums.
4.5/5Wonderful!(130 area reviews)
Mong Kok translates to “busy corner” in Cantonese, and is a pretty accurate description of what is the most densely populated area in the world.
4/5Very Good!(171 area reviews)
With temples and skyscrapers, traditional markets and high-end boutiques, dim sum shops and classy lounges, this energetic district is where old meets new.
4/5Very Good!(87 area reviews)
From a street market and a former communist hangout to experimental art galleries and innovative kids’ activities, this district blends old and new.
Rising from the shadow of the verdant mountains framing Hong Kong are this neighborhood’s skyscrapers, where malls, galleries and hip bars flourish.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kowloon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, bustling port and top-notch restaurants. The urban and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Hung Hom Star Ferry Pier, Hong Kong Coliseum and Mong Kok Computer Centre.
- There are 477 hotels and other accommodation options in Kowloon
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 33.2 mi (53.4 km) away
Getting around Kowloon
With so many choices for transport, exploring Kowloon is easy. Local metro stations include Whampoa Station and Kowloon Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Hong Kong Kowloon Bay Station, Hong Kong Choi Hung Station or Hong Kong Ngau Tau Kok Station. Cross the water in a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Kowloon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 13°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 18°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and nighttime averages of 14°C
- About 81 millimetres of rain falls on Kowloon each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 14°C