Travellers to Fukuoka give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its temples. Top sights in the city include Ohori Park, Tochoji Temple and Fukuoka City Museum.
- There are 250 hotels and other accommodation options in Fukuoka
- The closest major airport is in Fukuoka (FUK), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Saga (HSG-Ariake Saga), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) away
Getting around Fukuoka
With so many choices for transport, seeing Fukuoka is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Chayama Station, Befu Station and Kanayama Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Fukuoka Yakuin Station, Fukuoka Hirao Station or Nishitetsu-Fukuoka Station.
Dressing for Fukuoka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Fukuoka is 38 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 5°C