Visitors can enjoy all that Muroran has to offer including the hot springs, spas and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, monuments and restaurants.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Muroran
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose), 46.7 mi (75.2 km) from the city centre
Getting around Muroran
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Wanishi station. Muroran might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Muroran
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Muroran is 1176 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -6°C