Visiting Redwood City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Redwood City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its cafes, theatres and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Computer History Museum, Mavericks and California's Great America.
- You'll find 566 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 7 mi (11.2 km) away
Getting around Redwood City
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Redwood City Station. Redwood City may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Redwood City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the nighttime average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Redwood City gets about 505 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 5°C