Visiting Ho Chi Minh City
Travellers to Ho Chi Minh City give high marks for the shopping, abundant cafes and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its museums, tours and bars.
- There are 1448 hotels and other accommodation options in Ho Chi Minh City
- The closest major airport is in Ho Chi Minh City (SGN-Tan Son Nhat Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Vung Tau (VTG), 38.5 mi (61.9 km) away
Getting around Ho Chi Minh City
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Saigon Railway Station. Ho Chi Minh City may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ho Chi Minh City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 34°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 35°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 21°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Ho Chi Minh City is 0 millimetres
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C