Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Ampang, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakes. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Around the area, top sights include Petronas Twin Towers, Petaling Street and Merdeka Square.
- You'll find 2042 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kuala Lumpur
- The closest major airport is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Getting around Ampang
You can access metro transport at Cahaya Station, Ampang Station and Cempaka Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Ampang
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 23°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- Ampang gets about 80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°C