Visitors can enjoy all that Irkutsk has to offer including the museums, monuments and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, architecture and temples.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodation options in Irkutsk
- The closest major airport is in Irkutsk (IKT), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Irkutsk
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Irkutsk Station. Irkutsk might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Irkutsk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 1°C during the day and -26°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is -12°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of -2°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 9°C and nighttime averages of -25°C
- Irkutsk gets about 389 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -24°C