Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Putrajaya, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its lakes. Top sights in the city include Putrajaya Independence Square, Putra Mosque and Putrajaya Landmark.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Putrajaya
- The closest major airport is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 15.6 mi (25.2 km) away
Getting around Putrajaya
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kuala Lumpur Putrajaya Cyberjaya Station. Putrajaya might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Putrajaya
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the night-time average
- Putrajaya gets about 2363 millimetres of rain per year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C