Budget Hostels from SG$6
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 17 Jun,2018
Other property types in Kuala Lumpur
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed on 5 Jan,2021
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed on 10 Jan,2021
Homestay in Amber Court
Reviewed on 2 Sep,2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find somewhere affordable to stay in Kuala Lumpur, one of its 55 hostels might be a great option. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dorm-style accommodation options all feature the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social setting
Hostels are a great way to stay in Kuala Lumpur for a lower cost, so you can save your money for exploring. We've heard good things about the Chinatown and other attractions in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Kuala Lumpur?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're discovering new places, so here are some stats about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically March and February, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 33° C and night-time temperatures average 22° C
- April-June: 33° C is the daytime average and 23° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 32° C and night-time averages are around 23° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 31° C during the day and 23° C at night
- Average rainfall is 80 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Kuala Lumpur?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might appreciate these places to visit:Top Sights
- Petronas Twin Towers
- Petaling Street
- Merdeka Square
- Batu Caves
- Lake Gardens
- KLCC Park
- The Jade Museum
- Petronas Philharmonic Hall
- Petronas Filharmonik Hall
In general, Kuala Lumpur is known for its:
- Cultural attractions
How to Get to Kuala Lumpur and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 10 mi (16.2 km) from the city centre. An alternative is Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), which is 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away. After you've arrived, you may want to use public transport during your trip. Take advantage of metro transport at Bukit Bintang Station, Imbi Station and Raja Chulan Station. To see more of the surrounding area, take a train from Kuala Lumpur Masjid Jamek Station, Kuala Lumpur Pasar Seni Station or Kuala Lumpur Station.