Travellers to Niseko give high marks for the ski areas and lakeside setting. Cosy and secluded, this city also attracts tourists with its mountains.
- There are 227 hotels and other accommodation options in Niseko
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (OKD-Okadama), 40.3 mi (64.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose), 50.2 mi (80.8 km) away
Getting around Niseko
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Niseko Station or Toya station. Niseko may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Niseko
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of -6°C
- About 1176 millimetres of rain falls on Niseko each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -6°C