Travellers to Toyako give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its hot springs.
- You'll find 227 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Niseko
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose), 45.1 mi (72.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Toyako
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Toya station. Toyako might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Toyako
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of -6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Toyako is 1176 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -6°C