Visiting Colonial District
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Colonial District, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and fascinating museums. Urban and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its architecture, marina and art. Top sights in the city include National Museum of Singapore, Peranakan Museum and Raffles City.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodation options in Colonial District
- The closest major airport is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) away
Getting around Colonial District
With so many ways to get around, seeing Colonial District is easy. You can take advantage of metro transport at Bras Basah Station, City Hall Station and Esplanade Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Colonial District
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 23°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Colonial District gets about 82 millimetres of rain per year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C