Budget Hostels from SG$24
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 May,2019
Other property types in Tokyo
The Royal Park Hotel Iconic Tokyo Shiodome
Reviewed on 14 Sep,2020
KOKO HOTEL Ginza 1chome
Reviewed on 18 Dec,2020
The Royal Park Hotel Tokyo Haneda
Reviewed on 16 Jan,2021
What Is a Hostel?
If you're searching for somewhere affordable to stay in Tokyo, one of its 188 hostels might be a great choice for you. No two hostels look exactly the same, but these dorm-style accommodation options all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Tokyo for good value, so you can save your budget for going out. You can check out this destination's cultural highlights, such as its temples and museums.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Tokyo?
The weather can be important when you're discovering new places, so here's some information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 15° C and night-time temperatures average 2° C
- April-June: 26° C is the daytime average and 8° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 30° C and night-time averages are around 18° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 23° C during the day and 3° C at night
- Average rainfall is 1577 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Tokyo?
Depending on your interests, you might enjoy these places to visit:Top Sights
- Tokyo Imperial Palace
- Tokyo Tower
- Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Imperial Palace Garden
- Ueno Park
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
- Kabuki-za Theatre
- Mori Art Museum
- Edo-Tokyo Museum
Overall, Tokyo is known for its:
- Cultural attractions
How to Get to Tokyo and Around the Area
You can find the nearest airport in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), located 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city centre. An alternative is Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), which is 35.9 mi (57.8 km) away. Once you've arrived, you may want to make use of public transport. You can take advantage of metro transport at Hibiya Station, Yurakucho Station and Ginza-Itchome Station. To check out more of the surrounding area, catch a train at Tokyo Yurakucho Station, Tokyo Station or Tokyo Shimbashi Station.