Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kallang, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. This urban city also attracts tourists with its cafes and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Chinatown Heritage Center, National Orchid Garden and Universal Studios Singapore®.
- There are 81 hotels and other accommodation options in Kallang
- The closest major airport is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) away
Getting around Kallang
You can walk to nearby metro stations including Lavender Station, Kallang Station and Boon Keng Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Kallang
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- Average annual rainfall for Kallang is 82 millimetres
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C